Get a FREE Case Review

Contact us below for a callback in minutes. No hold times, no costs, and no obligations. Just instant legal help.

Review & Analysis New Description

What You Should Do Following an Unexplained Death

Accepting a nursing home representative’s explanation of your loved one’s death at face value may not be wise. In nursing homes, unexplained deaths can be signs that the staff made a serious mistake. If you feel that your loved one’s death may have been due to neglect, negligence, or other misconduct on the part of the nursing home, speak with a lawyer about taking action.

What Is a Wrongful Death Action?

A “wrongful death” happens when a person is killed due to the negligence or misconduct of another. Wrongful death can be caused by a person, a corporation, or another entity. Under Arizona law, the deceased person’s parents, spouse, and children have the right to file a lawsuit against the person or entity that caused the death.

Unlike wrongful death actions in other situations (car accidents, for example) wrongful death cases in which incapacitated or vulnerable nursing home residents are the victims, families of the deceased may receive compensation for the pain and suffering their loved one experienced. And, if you win your case, courts can order that your attorney’s fees be paid by the nursing home.

The Support You Need During a Difficult Time

Losing a loved one can be overwhelming, even if he or she had resided in a nursing home for a long time and you had prepared yourself for the inevitable. The people you love deserve their “golden years” filled with comfort and quality care. When they have been deprived of that, your family needs support through a difficult time. We understand this. At Solomon & Relihan, we work closely with our clients. Our goal is to take the weight and worry of legal action off your shoulders so that you can concentrate on coping with your loss and moving forward.

Contact Solomon & Relihan

If someone you care about died unexpectedly in a nursing home, speak with a lawyer about your options.